[Ohio-talk] great message about one of our chapters

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 02:49:58 UTC 2016

Hello President pain,

This is Chenelle, the new vice president of the Summit County Chapter here
in Akron Ohio. Earlier this afternoon at 1:30 Eastern standard time. The
summit county chapter of the Ohio in FB had elections to replace The former
vice president, secretary and treasurer of the summit county chapter. The
president of the summit county chapter is, Mary Weldon, the vice president
is, Chenelle Hancock, the treasure if Nicollis Abrahamson and the secretary
is Mark. We discussed old business which included: electing new officers
within the chapter, fundraising ideas and other community organizations for
which are chapter can collaborate with to continue to spread the word of the
Federation to others within the Summit County area. We also agreed to have
events outside of her chapter meetings in order to be able to get to know
one another is members and people. I will be hosting a cookout on the 20th
of this month at my home here in Akron and our members will be bringing gas
so we can spread the philosophy of the Federation and a social gathering and
maybe we will be able to recruit more members for our chapter this way.. We
also will be collaborating with the coal I institute the blind center here
in Akron along with the veterans association and other organizations as well
throughout the summer in order to spread the word of the Federation and to
bring awareness of blindness related issues to the community at large. We
also created a Facebook page for our chapter is well. It is called Nfb
Summit so when you go to Facebook you can search under Nfb Summit in order
to find us we will also be live streaming our meetings for people that
cannot attend our meetings are for people that would like to watch The
meeting on Facebook. We also have one new member this month as well. We also
plan on introducing some of the members that are not technology savvy to the
iPhone and email so they can have their own email account in their own
Facebook account. For which a lot of our members have taken's of the
suggestions with great enthusiasm. I will be contacting the national office
on Monday morning in order for them to send me updated Nfb literature so I
can pass it out to people within the community and to our chapter members
for which do not have access to Nfb literature of their own. I'm also
considering bringing up to Mary's attention I wanted to see if either
yourself or Barbra pierce could come during the anniversary of the ADA next
month to speak at our chapter meeting. If you would be able to attend Mr.
President that would be a tremendous support to our chapter. Because there
are many people that do not know of your existence and who you are as a
fellow Federation is the president of our affiliate. And if you needed a
place to stay you are more than welcome to stay at my residence during your
time here in Akron. Get back to me at your earliest convenience if you were
able to attend or not. I'm sorry that I will not be able to be in Florida
this summer for the 76 annual national Federation of the blind convention at
the Rosen shingle Creek Hotel. But I will be there next year and I will be
there for our state convention this year. I will come up the day before and
spend the weekend with my grandma and aunt Debbie that way I don't have to
pay money for a hotel. I could just come up and pay for the banquet. I will
send you a report next month to let you know about our chapter meeting and I
also did except the position of liaison between the membership committee for
the stain and the summit county chapter. And I did talk to Rachel as well
just to let you know. Take care president pain and God bless you and yours.

Sincerely, vice president of the Summit County Chapter chenelle Hancock.

Sent from my iPhone=