[Ohio-talk] Below is some specific information about the various funds that we are requested to contribute to from time to time

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:40:04 UTC 2016

Below is some specific information on the various funds.

CONVENTION FUNDRAISING

Six different types of fundraising will be discussed during the convention.
These are:

1.    The White Cane Fund: A time will be set aside during the Convention
when buckets will be passed through the audience to receive cash donations
for the White Cane Fund. Affiliates will also make gifts or pledges to this
fund. These dollars go directly to the general treasury of the Federation.

2.    The Jacobus tenBroek Fund: Donations will also be made to this fund
for the maintenance and upkeep of the NFB Jernigan Institute property. This
property houses the operations of the NFB and other entities.

3.    The Kenneth Jernigan Fund: The proceeds from this fund are used to
bring a number of attendees to their first national convention. It is named
for Dr. Jernigan who planned our conventions for more than forty years and
who did so much to make them what they are today.

4.    The Pre-Authorized Contribution (PAC) Plan: This giving opportunity
enables individuals to make regular financial contributions to support the
programs and activities of the Federation. The PAC Plan has insured a
consistent flow of monthly income to fund some of the Federation's work. By
signing up for the PAC Plan, a donor agrees to make an automatic monthly
contribution to the Federation; the donation is withdrawn directly from a
checking account or charged to a credit card. The individual designates how
much he or she wants to contribute each month and specifies a day of the
month on which the money should be withdrawn from the account. To
participate in the PAC Plan, the donor must have a checking account or
credit card, complete a PAC Plan card, sign and turn over a voided check (if
the contribution is to be withdrawn from a checking account), and begin with
a monthly donation of at least $5.00. Supporters of the Federation
contribute between $350,000 and $400,000 each year through this giving
opportunity.

5.    SUN (Shares Unlimited in NFB) Shares: Supporters of the Federation are
also able to make either monthly or annual donations for SUN Shares. These
funds are being set aside in the event that they are needed to support the
Federation during difficult times.

6.    The Imagination Fund: In January of 2004, the Federation held the
grand opening for the first and only research and training center run by the
blind, for the blind. Our National Federation of the Blind Jernigan
Institute, named after our long-time president, Dr. Kenneth Jernigan,
develops and implements innovative programs and services that help to
transform the dreams of blind people into reality. The Imagination Fund has
been established to support the work of the Jernigan Institute. Members and
friends of the organization are asked to participate in this annual campaign
by requesting contributions from friends and colleagues and by providing
names and addresses of individuals who may be receptive to Imagination Fund
solicitations. All funds raised will be used to support the research and
training programs of the Jernigan Institute and our state affiliates.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional information.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you