[Ohio-talk] Fw: Charity Day 5k Challenge

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 15:10:19 UTC 2016

Good Monday morning to all!I  am forwarding your reminder of the day. The NFB of Ohio has some great fundraising efforts currently active and running. Note the word running! The following forwarded message is in regards to the Charity Day 5 K Race on June 26th in Columbus.  What a great way to demonstrate the independence of blind and visually impaired individuals to Ohio. The streets of Columbus should have a large mass of representation from the NFB of Ohio walking, running or just strolling the course. Talk about becoming a household name, a topic of conversation, a voice for those who don't think it is possible for blind individuals to participate in events such as this, here is the opportunity to puts words into action. There may be individuals  out in the community who are unaware of the capabilities of blind persons, they may be blind themselves and lack the  confidence necessary to get out,  to be active, this event could be the kick-start they need to believe in themselves.  By having a large number of participants, we will demonstrate to the public, the media and to ourselves, that the NFB is an active group, not hesitant to be in the midst of it all.
Join us, grab your family, friends, chapter members, division members, co-workers from all over the state, not just here in Columbus, and represent the NFB of Ohio in mass!Got my new shoes broken in last weekend by pushing Dustin in a 5k in Lexington to support the school music department! It was tough, but we did it and so can YOU!Ready to do it, Carol

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 6:37 AM, richard via Ohio-talk<ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:   Ok members who will be the winner?
Dayton  is in the race. Positive Payne
Maybe you can get some candy to help your energy.
ATTENTION FELLOW FEDERATIONISTS:

Whose sneakers are made for running?"

That's what we want to know! Here in Cincinnati, there are a few of us
registered and ready to take on a challenge to all chapters and divisions
for the June 26th Charity Day 5K! The more people present the bigger the
impact our group will have on changing what it means to be blind. Let's
engage in a little friendly competition to see who has the most race
participants and raises the most funds. Cincinnati is already off to a good
start with two participants registered and in training.

Don't let us sweat alone - get registered today at the following link:

<http://www.charityday5k.com/charity-partners/national-federation-of-the-bli
nd> www.charityday5k.com/charity-partners/national-federation-of-the-bli
nd> nd

Be sure to select "National Federation of the Blind of Ohio" as your team
found near the bottom of the personal registration page.

Get the message out to friends and family, use social media, let everyone
know about our Charity Day 5K! All are welcome to join!

Is your schedule booked solid for that weekend? Sponsor someone from your
chapter or division and be on their "virtual" team!

The best way to sponsor someone from your chapter or division is to simply
send a check made payable to:

NFB Ohio

6922 Murray Ridge Road

Elyria Ohio 44035

Be sure to note the name of the sponsored individual and Charity Day Race in
the memo portion of the check.

All money raised will support our efforts to send members to state and
national conventions.

Let's go build the Federation!

Sheri Albers

Ohio-talk: