[Ohio-talk] The BELL is ringing: BELL Academy Volunteers Needed

Sheri Albers salbers1 at twc.com
Tue May 3 15:36:59 UTC 2016

Hello NFBO,

The BELLs will be ringing loud and strong in Columbus the week of July 18th
through July 22nd . We need your help! We have a whole new experience
planned for the kids. BELL will now be a one week residential program at
OSSB, as opposed to last year's two week day camp.

What does this mean? Enriching the lives of young blind children in a whole
new way, expanding their realm of independence and giving them an
opportunity to completely immerse themselves in our NFB community. Not only
will the kids learn braille through fun activities and games, but they will
obtain new life skills through the experience of having an blind mentor like
you.

As members of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, you are in a
position to participate in this unique experience, right alongside these
kids, as each day unfolds and their life broadens.

Volunteers are needed to cover two shifts.

Day Shift to assist teachers with BELL curriculum: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Evening Shift to assist staff with planned activities, bedtime duties,
evening supervision and morning wake-up. 4:00 PM - 8:00 AM.

These times may need to be modified.

If you were a volunteer in the past, then you know what a difference you can
make in the life of a blind child. This invitation is open to anyone, not
only NFB members, and not only to blind people. Please email me and let me
know if you have any questions. Let me know what shift you would like. I
will send you the Volunteer Application Form and get you signed up! Let's go
ring the BELL!

Best Regards,

Sheri Albers

Ohio BELL Academy Coordinator