[Ohio-talk] More on CVG

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu May 12 21:46:43 UTC 2016

I spoke to a gentleman who works for Air Serv, the company that provides
wheelchair and escort services at CVG.  This company also provides these
services at several airports around the U.S.  He assured me they do not
have a policy requiring blind people to ride in a wheelchair.  I told him
about our experience and he plans to talk with the man who told us that is
was required by the company insurance policy and in their policy manual.
He will post the policy in the break room.  He thought there might be some
confusion because the airlines usually provide assistance to blind people
at CVG.  I plan to call him tomorrow and offer to provide training to their
staff on working with blind people.  OAGDU, with Deanna's approval, will do
this training.  This emphasizes that it is important to advocate when
something like this happens.  I hope anyone who has a similar situation
will contact Air Serv at the Cincinnati Airport so this discrimination ends.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053