[Ohio-talk] Reflections on How I See It Campaign

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 15:44:59 UTC 2016

One of the things that a group of students I recently met on campus have been discussing is the social construct of disability. I think this paper explains that in terms to people that might not have heard about it before pretty well. Obviously we are in a very different camp then the sighted people who tried the blindfold challenges for the first time, as we see social expectations of disability to be the real problem and the participants of the campaign have experienced something that perpetuates these negative social expectations. It really comes down to how each individual views disability, and I thought the paper highlighted that pretty well.

Kaiti Shelton