[Ohio-talk] Welcome NFB Blind, Inc. to the State of Ohio's Convention

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 00:42:13 UTC 2016

Ohio

Would you like to experience the miracle of what an NFB training
center--staffed by dedicated NFB members and predicated on the philosophy of
the Federation is like?

Well Dick Davis from Blind Inc. will be speaking at the Convention and will
also make himself available in the Exhibit Hall to answer questions.  In
addition, He is the National Chairperson for the Employment Committee, that
I have had the pleasure to serve on for three years.  Dick has semi-retired,
oh so he thought!  He is continuing to teach, speak and participate with the
Federation   every chance he gets.  He is just now return home from the
Kansas City Convention.  Now, we are honored and it in deed will be a
pleasure to have him at our 70th State of Ohio's Convention.  .  With these
dual roles, Dick expertise will be a benefit to all who are eager to learn
how to live the life you want.

BLIND, Inc. is a nationally-renowned training center for blind individuals
of all ages. They were founded in 1986 by the National Federation of the
Blind of Minnesota <http://members.tcq.net/nfbmn/> , because of the failure
of traditional, charity-based blindness agencies to meet the real needs of
the state's blind residents. They have grown rapidly since that time.

They offer vocational rehabilitation programs for blind adults, an English
Language program for blind immigrants and refugees, training and employment
programs for blind teens, a summer training program for blind children, an
independent living skills training program for blind senior citizens,
blindness immersion programs for professionals working with blind people,
and public education programs about blindness.

Blind, INC. principles are simple but powerful: they state that, blindness
is just the physical loss of eyesight, nothing more. Blind people are like
everyone else, and can be expected to perform on a par with everyone else,
as long as they get effective training - the kind we offer - and public
understanding and acceptance. Our graduates work in every conceivable form
of employment.

This video below is quite powerful!

Suzanne

Watch a video about

Adjustment To Blindness Training at BLIND Inc. (Opens in a new Window)
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyGhV4u_lPM>