[Ohio-talk] 2017 NFBO committees

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 04:17:06 UTC 2016

I am pasting  the 2017 committee appointments below.
Please let me know which committees you would like to serve on by December
24.
If you want to chair a committee let me know that as well.
Also remember  that   I will be looking for new leadership     that can
bring energy to the committee, and if you want to chair a committee let me
know why  you believe you should chair it.
Do not assume anything. Right now I have an empty committee 2017 .
The only exception to this rule is for the convention coordinator.
Sheri Albers  will do that job again if she wish to take on this very
important position. I am considering having a co-chair Sherri just found
this out just like you.
2017 NFB of Ohio Committee Descriptions
         At the first board meeting of each year the president  makes the
committee assignments for the coming year.
Here are the charges to the affiliate committees:
DEAF-BLIND COORDINATORS
        Charge: To provide assistance and information to those who are in
this unique community and to serve as a vehicle to foster a positive
relationship for the deaf-blind community. In 2017 coordinators will assist
the affiliate in forming a deaf blind division.
AWARDS COMMITTEE
        Charge: To oversee the awards process, to provide information and
feedback when necessary, and to make reasonable judgments about NFBO awards.
CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE
        Charge: To make sure that all NFBO constitutions are in compliance
with the state and national constitutions, both philosophically and
rhetorically.
CONVENTION COORDINATOR
        Charge: To assist and advise the president in the planning and
functioning of our state convention and to provide additional assistance in
planning and executing affiliate activities at national conventions.
EDUCATION COMMITTEE
        Charge: To advise the president about policies, legislation,
strategies, and initiatives in which the National Federation of the Blind of
Ohio should be engaged to improve educational opportunities for blind youth
throughout the state.
FINANCING THE MOVEMENT COMMITTEE  (SUN coordinator, Jernigan Fund
coordinator, PAC coordinator)
        Charge: To make members aware of these specific organizational
fundraising opportunities and to implement strategies to increase
participation.
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
        Charge: To investigate additional opportunities to increase NFB-O
resources and to implement effective fundraising strategies and programming.

LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
        Charge: To increase the organization's visibility and effectiveness
in the state legislature and to continue to support our efforts in
Washington throughout the year.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
        Charge: To implement effective strategies to recruit and retain
members and   to reinvigorate the chapters and divisions of the NFB of Ohio.

PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
        Charge: To promote and publicize  the programs  and events of the
NFB of Ohio and to acquire as much positive publicity as possible for such
activities.
RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
        Charge: To oversee the submission process and to write and
distribute clearly articulated and philosophically sound resolutions.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
        Charge: To conduct the affiliate scholarship program and to develop
and implement effective strategies to increase the visibility of the program
and increase participation.