[Ohio-talk] VolunteerOpportunities at nfb O state Convention!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 06:14:01 UTC 2016

Good Day Federationist!

I am registered, have my banquet ticket! Fired up and ready to go!
 Where? To the 2016 NFB Ohio 70th Anniversary Convention!
 This year’s theme “Marching for Independence” will
inspire, empower, and celebrate our accomplishments! Our goal is this,
everyone will walk away from the 2016 convention with a deeper
knowledge of NFB philosophy, ready to advocate for change, ready to
enhance the way we live and work, and excited to be a member of the
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio!!!

You may be wondering “How can I help?”
Sign up to be a NFBO Convention Marshal or sign up to serve in the
Hospitality Suite!

Why do we need Convention Marshals?
Navigating an unfamiliar place can be frustrating. We want
conventioneers to have the best experience possible.

Who would be a perfect Marshal?
You! The important role of Convention Marshal provides the opportunity
to show your great hospitality skills and your strong vocal ability.

What are the duties of a Marshal?
Marshals will be stationed at various reference points and will use
their voice to help convention attendees locate meeting rooms.
Marshals may also be asked to give verbal directions to other nearby
areas, such as exhibit hall, rest rooms, hospitality, relief areas for
guide dogs, and exits.

Will Marshal’s miss meetings?
No, Marshals will only serve before and after meetings, not while
meetings are in session.

Are you interested in volunteering in the Hospitality Room? There is a
slot waiting for you to grab it!

This sounds Fantastic! Where do I sign up?
Glad you asked! Contact Cheryl Fields
 e mail;
cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com or phone; 216-566-4317.

Presidents, do you have first timers? Don’t miss a golden opportunity
for first timers to become involved…
Let's Go Build the Federation!
Cheryl E. Fields