[Ohio-talk] Story about blind man on WLWT

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Mon Oct 10 13:12:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,
On the news, they said that this was a very complicated intersection. Actually, it's one of the easier intersections around here. I don't think there is anything wrong with accepting help, and it's good that the boy wanted to help someone. I just think it's a shame that this went as viral as it did, and became such a huge deal. Also, my Mom pointed out that in the news clips and pictures, the man and boy aren't even using proper sighted-guide technique... And that is a huge pet peeve of mine! When someone grabs my arm, cane, or guide dog's harness, I explain to them that it works best if I hold onto them. Education is definitely key in those situations.
Deanna