[Ohio-talk] Get Ready for "Real-Talk" at the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio 2016 Convention!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:20:25 UTC 2016

HelloFederation Family!

The 70th Anniversary Ohio State Convention  theme is " Marching for
Independence!"
While we traverse the difficult road to independence, obstacles get in
our way, trying to hold us back. One very nasty obstacle is intimate
partner abuse.
If you have an interest in this subject, please join me and  fellow
federationists  for this inlightening and informative break out
session...

 "Real Talk-Repair and Recovery from the Effects of Financial Abuse"

 Control and power are the roots of all intimate partner abuse! For
this conversation we will tackle financial abuse. It is very common
but, seldom discussed. It may be the number 1 reason why many victims
are unable to leave an abusive relationship. This 60 minute workshop
is "Real-Talk" for victims, survivors, and their loved ones. Designed
to educate, empower, and inspire someone to live the life they want
free from abuse. We will delve into the various ways financial abuse
is cunningly and forcibly executed. Offer Building Blocks to repair
from the devastation and Explore lifelines of hope to aid recovery
from the trauma of financial abuse. If you or you want to help someone
you care about march toward independence, then join me at the NFB of
Ohio convention November 12 at 12:30 pm for this very specialized
workshop!
 Plan ahead; purchase a boxed lunch at nfbohio.org.

Let's Build a Healthy Federation!

Cheryl Fields