[Ohio-talk] {Spam?} It's Football Season!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:29:13 UTC 2016

As the saying goes, “on any given Sunday”…
OK, Sooo this is not exactly federation business, unless you are
playing nfb fantasy football this year. …

However I need to recap today’s game (therapy?)-Cleveland Browns vs.
Philadelphia Eagles

Pre Game Events; Eric called and we were in agreement that the Browns
would come home with a win. The city may plan a parade…
We compared snacks and clearly Eric’s selection was more interesting,
Chunky Monkey took first place.
I was a little nervous about my past behavior unlady like language
with lots of gestures. It was agreed that I should be able to control
myself today, this one is in the bag…I should not finish the game with
feelings of guilt or shame, making it necessary for extra prayers and
penance. Eric wished me luck and rang off for a day filled with
football complete with top notch smacks.

First Quarter-Smiling, good weather for the game. I tuned into listen
to the best announcers ever, Jim Donavan and Doug Dieken. Initially
the game was naturally exciting, fast paced, nubies center stage,
getting to learn the names and positions… and then for some reason
that I have forgotten, I became amused. The first Hershey’s with
almonds candy bar open…Payday in the next line up

Second Quarter-Looking serious, the grands started to giggle. While
cheering and having a good time, things changed so they decided it was
time for some colorful language. While waiting for me to accommodate
them, I refused and calmly took another bite of the delicious candy
bar and a hand full of wavy chips, very tasty…   So, I declined the
invitation and found myself laughing, think I actually was a little
loopy. I ate all of my chocolate and was working on chips, 2 liter
bottle of ginger ale opened but, lost track of how many times I
refilled my glass.

Half Time-My daughter sighs heavily and goes  to the kitchen to cook
and talk on phone … I drink more ginger ale, really noticed how fresh
the chips are and day dreamed about oatmeal cookies, no raisins and
pizza. The boys are throwing the football in the living room this is
not a good idea. Their Mom yells, go outside! Right now! The door
slams and off they go. Good, just in case my verbal skills
deteriorate. However,   still feeling upbeat and optimistic!

Third Quarter-All righty, lets do this! Something starts to bubble up
in my throat threatening to choke me. My head started to pound, seemed
like a good time to take my daily medication. I usually take it at
bedtime, couldn’t wait. Doug Dieken began to sound very tired and Jim
became more animated. I was speechless. Oh no this can’t be happening,
focus,  focus on something positive … the advertisements I liked were
for Sherwin Williams and Arby’s… that seemed to help a little.

Fourth Quarter-Welcome to Fantasy Island, de plane, de plane!
Nightmarish, I started to think that Stephen King must have taken over
the Browns front office or maybe there is a football puppet master
pulling all the strings and he hates Cleveland. Probably secretly
jealous of us. Still no bad language or unusual facial
expressions,stunned? realized I was calmly holding the empty chip bag,
lots of empty candy wrappers, a napkin with clean chicken bones on my
lap and feeling a little sleepy. Thinking, WOW, hope RG3 is OK, did
they cheat us or did we really loose-again?

Post Game; Teachable moments?  It was good to refresh my memory about
what a safety is. Can’t recall the last time I saw the ball fly past
the qb’s hands on the snap, hum, interesting. Well, they are young and
will settle down-next week is the home opener.
It’s amazing, I did not use bad language or make ugly faces, no crazy
gestures. I feel full, may not eat dinner and still optimistic. Maybe
I’m  numb and just really like football, brought back great memories
of my Dad, you know how it goes… root, root, root for the home team
and all that rot, lol! Perhaps the Indians have me pumped up, am I
still high on the Cavaliers, or is it all the sugar and preservatives
I ate today? Anyway, those fellas get paid lots of money and it is
good for the economy, especially for  “The Land.”
Note: After the game, my phone rang and I answered sounding dejected,
” Yes Eric” and it was not him. Surprise, it was Jean Gallagher, she
never missed a beat… thanks Jean, I am not really crazy, just
pretending.

This is Cheryl Fields-All In-signing off from Believeland!
GO BROWNS!!!

P.S. I am taking suggestions for next weeks snack selection. Need to
have something better than Eric’s Chunky Monkey ice cream, lol! I do
not accept anything healthy other than fruit, this is my 3 hours of
anything goes!lol!

Everyone have a great week and let’s do it again next Sunday… Get
ready for some FOOTBALL!