[Ohio-talk] reminder and get your lunch order to me please

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:06:18 UTC 2016

I got a request to send this out again for those who did not see the
information about the lunch. Please get it to me by 5:00 PM on Wednesday
Greetings members of the NFB of Ohio, I must admit that several things
behind the seams have been happening to keep me very busy and many of your
other federation members. We have been franticly working to get the web page
updated and work continues to be ongoing. I can tell you that attached to
this email is  the convention registration form you have 3 Options to get to
the registration page.

1.	Go to our Website  - http://nfbohio.org
		Then click learn more in the convention information section
on the home page. Then select click here to register.
		Convention Registration Page

2.	Go straight to the registration page:
http://nfbohio.org/new/registration/

3.	Start at the convention information page:
http://nfbohio.org/new/home/state_convention_2016_info/

You will start hearing more and more about this year's convention. You make
the difference tell people about the convention. I am putting together the
agenda and you should enjoy it. We are the NFB that is why I know this will
be a great convention.  Marching for independence will be the theme this
year. .
  We have already got a 1000 dollar sponsor so far you should be asking
people to sponsor this convention also. Suzanne will be working with door
prizes this year so she would appreciate it if you would get several door
prizes for the state convention. Several of us went to Columbus to provide
training to the OOD councilors and other staff. I put the comments on Ohio
talks about the good compliments from the OOD staff. You should be very
proud of the work your leaders done with this training. Sherri will be going
to Baltimore to help our blind kids to live the lives they want the work
never ends. In three weeks, the nfb will host the first of two NFB BELL
Academy Training Seminars this fall. Working together to support each other
as we prepare to mark the tenth anniversary of the first BELL program in the
summer of 2017.      We look forward to it.
The board of directors meeting will be held at the hotel where we will be
having our state convention next Saturday the 17th at 10 AM I look to see
you at this meeting all are welcome.  Eric is still working on our 5k, which
will be held in Columbus. The information is listed at www.nfbohio.org you
can make your room reservations now for the state convention by using the
following information.   Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
6200 Quarry Lane, Independence, Ohio 44131
(216) 447-1300 the room rate is good until October 21 so get your
reservation taken care of.
Chapter and Division Presidents, please pay attention to the following
information. If you want to be a part of  the Gavel Award Competition, or if
you want to nominate someone for an award, you must have your material to
Shelbi Hindel by October 9,  shelbiah1 at gmail.com
<mailto:shelbiah1 at gmail.com> If you decide not to submit a report for the
competition, You must still submit a report due one week before the
convention. Chapter and division reports, membership lists, and dues must
all be in by then after that time any one or all of these items are
considered late and the offending chapter or division is subject to a fine
of $25.
Shelbi also needs to know who will represent your chapter on the nominating
committee. The members of this committee are appointed by chapter
presidents. The president of the affiliate selects the chair from among the
members. Please let shelbi know who will represent your chapter as soon as
possible. shelbiah1 at gmail.com <mailto:shelbiah1 at gmail.com>

September 17th board of director Lunch options for box lunches. You may
order a box lunch please email me with the lunch you wish understand that it
will be 18 dollars. I need your order by 5:30 PM on Wednesday September 14
you will need to pay Saturday at the board of directors meeting.   Your
choices are Italian Sub
Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
Vegetarian Wrap
You will get a bottle of water with this lunch. We will also have coffee and
water with hot tea in the room also.  Richard

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio - 2016 Convention
DoubleTree Independence
6200 Quarry Lane, Independence, Ohio 44131 - (216) 447-1300
November 11-13, 2016

Pre-Registration Form and Payment Instructions

We are accepting pre-registration for the 2016 NFBO Convention through Nov.
1. Follow the instructions as indicated below to register for our 70th
anniversary convention and purchase your banquet ticket. Convention
attendees may also purchase a boxed lunch and join one of the scheduled
meetings by selecting from the options listed below. Email the completed
form to rchpay7 at gmail.com and mail a check made payable to NFB of Ohio, to
6922 Murray Ridge Rd, Elyria, OH 44035. Be sure to place "Convention
Registration" on the memo line. You can also register online and pay by
credit card by using the link http://nfbohio.org/new/registration/.

Convention Attendee Information
Name:
Address:
City/State/Zip:
Email	:
Cell Phone:
Home Phone:
Work Phone:

Please answer Yes or No to the next two questions
Is this your first NFBO convention?
Would you like a Braille copy of the agenda?

Convention Tickets
				Item Amount
2016 NFBO Convention Pre-Registration Ticket - $15.00			$

Note: Registration after Nov. 1 is $20.00.

2016 NFBO Banquet Ticket - Sat., Nov. 12 - $35.00
$
Note: Banquet Ticket price after Nov. 1 is $40.00.

If attending the banquet, please indicate a meal preference by choosing one
of two options listed below.
Choose one - place an X in the space next to your meal preference.
Meat
Vegetarian

Ohio Association to promote the use of Braille
Breakfast - Sat., Nov. 12 - $18.00
$

Boxed Lunch - Sat. Nov 12 - select one of the 3 options listed below.

Ohio Organization of Blind Seniors Meeting - $18.00
$
Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users Meeting - $18.00			$

Other - To-Go Lunch - $18.00
$

If Box Lunch is selected, please indicate your meal preference from the list
below.

Choose 1- please an X in the space next to your meal preference

Italian Sub
Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
Vegetarian Wrap

Total Due
$

Convention registration and meal orders are not valid unless payment is
received. Email the completed form to rchpay7 at gmail.com and mail a check
made payable to NFB of Ohio, to 6922 Murray Ridge Rd, Elyria, OH 44035. Be
sure to place "Convention  Registration" on the memo line.

I wish to make a donation (always appreciated) of $         to the National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio. My check with the memo line "Donation" has
been sent to the Murray Ridge Rd. address.