[Ohio-talk] pay attention and get it done

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 09:36:14 UTC 2016

We've published a blog, "Challenging the Fear of Blindness
<https://nfb.org/blog/vonb-blog/challenging-fear-blindness> ," that I
encourage you to share. See below for some related critical actions.

Critical Actions This Week:
	Challenging the Fear of Blindness - #HowEyeSeeIt:
	It is critical that we now join together to combat this harmful
campaign. I urge all Federation leaders to lead by example and to encourage
the members of the Federation in your state to join with me in changing the
perception that blindness is something to be feared and something that
significantly limits our lives. Now is the time to turn our fear into power
and that power into action. We have the opportunity to demonstrate how we
live the lives we want as blind people in a commanding way. All you have to
do is:
1.	Make a video of yourself accomplishing an everyday task as a blind
person. For example, show how you dance, sing, exercise, care for your
children, go to school or work, play sports, manage your finances, travel,
participate in social events, enjoy your hobbies-in short, take a video of
yourself living the life you want.
2.	At the end of your video, say that you're a proud member of the
National Federation of the Blind, and tag three friends or family members to
keep the trend going. You can also urge your audience to make a donation to
the NFB.
3.	Upload your video to social media using the hashtag #HowEyeSeeIt.
Make sure to link to our website, www.nfb.org, and tag the NFB in your
Tweet, Facebook, or Instagram post. If the people you mentioned in your
video are on social media, be sure to tag them, too.