[Ohio-talk] state convention assistance form

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:40:30 UTC 2017

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio 2017 state convention Assistance
Form

The National Federation of the Blind 2017 convention will take place October
27 through October 29   in Columbus Ohio because affiliate resources are
restricted, those chosen to receive help will receive partial assistance
only. Please complete this form and the letters requested and return them to
the president before October 06:2017   . Requests received after that date
will not be considered. If you have questions about the form or the process,
contact me by Email at rchpay7 at gmail.com or call (937)396-5573, or
937/829/3368 for information or help. NOTE: For anyone receiving convention
assistance, you will be expected to volunteer and attend all general
sessions along with other meetings and workshops.      Those seeking
assistance to attend the first state convention will be given high priority.

      If you request cash assistance, you will have to sign an expense
reimbursement form, which you can get from the president. Without a signed
blank form that we can fill out with the amount of cash granted, we cannot
advance any funds

Whatever assistance you are requesting, please attach a letter explaining
why you wish to attend the convention and what you hope to accomplish as a
result. If we should know about extenuating circumstances before making a
decision about your application, please explain them briefly. No one applies
for assistance without financial need, so this request is for information
about extraordinary needs only.

The board of directors agreed to assist and when the funds are gone no more
will be available so get your request in.

      Please speak to your chapter or division president, and ask him or her
to send me a letter of support for your application. When they send this
information, I need to know what assistance you will be getting from your
chapter. If you are not yet a member of the National Federation of the Blind
of Ohio, please call me for an interview by phone.

      Please submit all materials by Email if possible. Information sent by
US mail will be accepted, but faxing is not an option.

            Name:

Street Address: _____________________________________________________

City, State, Zip:  _____________________________________________________

Phone:   _______________________   Email ______________________________

Number of adults: _____        Children: _____

Date of arrival _____ Date of departure ________

The maximum stipend to offset convention expenses is $40 a day for adults
and $20 a day for each child.

Are you requesting cash assistance for convention expenses?  yes___   ___No

Are you requesting assistance with your hotel room?  ___Yes ___No if the
answer is No, skip the following section.

Have you made a room reservation?  ___Yes ___No

If you are a single adult, are you able to share a room with one to three
people?

___Yes no ___

Note: hotel assistance will be for half of a double. If you find more
roommates, your cash will go further.

Should a roommate know about any habits or health problems?  ___Yes ___No if
yes, please explain.__________________________________

Are you requesting transportation assistance?  Yes ___ ___No if you answered
no, skip the following section.

Are you planning to drive to the convention? __Yes no ___

If so, how much assistance are you requesting? $_________ (We reimburse at
48 cents a mile.)

If you have already made transportation arrangements, please explain them.

Miscellaneous Expenses

Together registration and banquet will cost about $55.00 if you preregister.
Are you requesting assistance with these important fees?  yes___ ___No
(Please note that this year preregistration is available online and by mail.
We urge everyone to save money by preregistering.

Send by Email to rchpay7 at gmail.com or Mail      To NFB of Ohio

PO box 20544      Kettering, OH  45420

Richard Payne, President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

blindness is not what holds you back.

Richard Payne,  President

937-396-5573or 937/829/3368

Rchpay7 at gmail.com