[Ohio-talk] fyi and we need your help

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 09:16:57 UTC 2017

This is a  fundraising campaign that requires your help. Todd has asked for
some information. Will you email me off list if you are able to help? Thanks
in advance.
Richard:

Good evening!  I wanted to update you on where things stand with creating
the campaign.  I have about 2 more sections of the campaign document to
research and write.  It should be complete in the morning and I will send a
copy out to you as soon as it is done.  What still would be great is
personal stories.  I would love personal stories in 2 areas.  First, stories
about what attending the seminars have meant to NFB members.  The idea here
is to show how funding would benefit someone perhaps who has never had the
opportunity to attend a seminar.  Second, I would like to get stories from
members about how their lives have been impacted by the types of issues
raised at seminars.  I would suggest focusing on things like the lack of
employment opportunities, the need for improving access to technology and
print in accessible formats, etc.  Also, you sent me the email about the
Parental Rights bill in Ohio, which I gather was part of last years Columbus
seminar.  I am assuming there must have been incidents that led to this
bill.  Stories from members about what led to the bill would be a great way
to add to the need for this funding.

Finally, now that we are getting close to going live as planned next week.
Do you have any people lined up who will share the campaign with their
social networks upon launch?  Also, do you have a few people lined up who
will donate when we go live so that the campaign doesn't sit on empty from
the get-go?  Finally, do you have an email list that you want to send out a
notice to about the campaign?

Thanks,

Todd

Richard Payne,  President