[Ohio-talk] OOD teleconference call

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:56:56 UTC 2017

Hello Fellow Federationists,

Kevin Miller, Director of Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, held
a statewide teleconference call yesterday afternoon for all OOD stakeholder
leadership, to discuss the 2017-2018 Biennium Budget. Richard and I had
previously met with Director Miller by phone, for the purpose of asking
questions, since there would not be an opportunity to do so on the statewide
call.

Here are the points that Director Miller had made about the budget:

1.    The total budget was held at continuation, which means that there were
no cuts. Director Miller stated that despite a reduction in revenues for the
state, Governor Kasich did not cut OOD.

2.    An appropriation of 250K will be set for Challenge Grants - guidelines
are soon to be released for anyone who has an idea for a project to
increase/enhance/enrich OOD services, where they currently are not being
provided.

3.    An undisclosed amount of funds will be set aside for the promotion of
Braille learning opportunities. Again, details for this will be released
shortly.

If anyone has any questions for Director Miller, you are instructed to email
him at the following address:

ood.officeofcommunication at ood.ohio.gov

We  will be preparing comments to  submit about the budget, and if you wish
to have your comments included as part of the NFBO submission, please email
Richard at rchpay7 at gmail.com.

Best Regards,

Sheri Albers, Vice President

513.886.8697