[Ohio-talk] [External] Re: Public Square Update

Payne, Richard (Synchrony Financial) richard.payne at syf.com
Thu Feb 16 21:35:37 UTC 2017

Thanks keep up the great work. Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Cheryl Fields via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:33 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Cheryl Fields <cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com>
Subject: [External] Re: [Ohio-talk] Public Square Update

I just spoke with Jackie Sutton-Special Assistant to the Mayor.
She is going to send my concerns to the Mayor.

1. Keeping the square closed is a violation of my civil rights and the ADA.
Having access denied prevents me from participating in activities on the square, eating at the restaurants and public green space....

2. Closing the square permenatly will create a major defecet for RTA and that will directly effect access to transportation cost for riders. It will cause RTA to limit services that are currently provided.

3. I reinforced that the blind community is willing to meet with him, prior to his final decision.
Ms. Sutton assured me that she will give the Mayor this information and send meeting request to proper department. She says that RTA  may be granted another extention and that he never said that the square will be closed permentaly, only until the study is completed. Well, studies, 2, were completed last week and Superior Avenue was not found to be dangerous for pedestrians if buses are allowed into Public Square.
I also expressed to her how proud we were to have the Mayor at the state convention.
Please if you care about the future of transportation in Cuyahoga County and surrounding counties call or e mail the mayors office asap.
If you are unsure of what is going on with the closing of Public Square to buses, use Newsline to read the Plain Dealer articles, great reporting. Join the face book group-Clevelanders for Equitible Public Transportation, great group, very active on this subject and others in Cleveland and Akron.

--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood