[Ohio-talk] Public Square Update

Wanda Sloan wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 22 20:31:10 UTC 2017

Way to go.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Cheryl
Fields via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:08 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Cheryl Fields <cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] Public Square Update

Hello, this afternoon the Mayor's Chief Operations Officer called to make
sure all of our concerns were addressed.
Ireinforced the need to have access to Public Square for events...
safety, making sure curbs are adequately marked and that we would be happy
and available to do a "walk about" before final plan is approved. I added
something else, that it would be beneficial for the blind community to be
involved during the initial planning phase of new construction in the city
and not an afterthought.
He was very attentive andis sharing concerns/ suggestions with safety
committee, the Mayor and rta, will follow up soon.
It is encouraging to know that we have been heard!

--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood