[Ohio-talk] Louis Braille

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 04:21:32 UTC 2017

Hello:

I would echo that I would not be nearly as successful as I am without
Braille.  I was fortunate to have quality braille instruction all throughout
school and it was emphasized over and over to me that reading for blind
people is just as important as it is for everyone else.  In college, I
primarily used braille for math and Spanish but not really for other
subjects.  Lately, however, I have been trying to find ways to utilize
braille more.  For instance, over the past year, I have been reading chapter
minutes at each of our meetings.  Additionally, I am responsible for keeping
track of various pieces of equipment at work and I have found that labeling
these items in braille makes this chore a whole lot easier.  I ordered
adhesive braille sheets (what I called "sticky" braille in school) and use
these for labeling.  I have been putting the brailler I bought at the silent
auction to good use!  Finally, I imagine that I will find other ways to
incorporate braille into my studies when I start taking classes at UD next
fall.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Robby