[Ohio-talk] FW: Post Article

Smith, JW smithj at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 6 18:07:09 UTC 2017

Dear NFBO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES:

Given the recent discussion about Braille, please read the article below from our student newspaper and you better believe that this would not have happened if I had not pushed for it!

I am sending it to you not to promote what I have done here and will continue to do but to show you  that every little bit helps in our efforts towards total literacy and positively influencing the attitudes of those who are not blind or visually impaired.

I am telling people at this University, that I am tired of just talking about things but I am very interested in measurable results and clear actions not just nice intentions.

It is up to us to make sure as one of our songs says that, BRAILLE IS HERE TO STAY!

Jw

Dr. jw Smith
School of Communication Studies
Scripps College of Communication