[Ohio-talk] Message from Mark A. Riccobono

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:19:16 UTC 2017

Fellow Federationists,

The issues we address in the National Federation of the Blind are not
partisan issues, and as the leading voice in the field of blindness, we
stand ready to work with both Republicans and Democrats to advance our
legislative priorities and help blind Americans live the lives we want. As
our country prepares to welcome a new administration, we want to reiterate
the importance of securing equal educational opportunities for our blind
students.

To reinforce this point, Jamie Principato, who spoke
<https://www.nfb.org/national-convention-highlights>  at our national
convention last summer about her experience with inaccessible technology,
has launched a petition
<https://www.change.org/p/united-states-congress-remove-barriers-to-classroo
m-equality-ensure-accessibility-of-instructional-materials?recruiter=7535904
7&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink>  calling on
congressional leaders to move swiftly to pass our Accessible Instructional
Materials in Higher Education (AIM High) Act. The petition
<https://www.change.org/p/united-states-congress-remove-barriers-to-classroo
m-equality-ensure-accessibility-of-instructional-materials?recruiter=7535904
7&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink>  further calls upon
President-elect Donald J. Trump to unequivocally commit to supporting this
legislation by urging its passage.

I ask every member of the Federation to please sign and share this petition.
Let's show the incoming administration and Congress that equal access to
electronic instructional materials must be a top policy priority for 2017.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono

President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | officeofthepresident at nfb.org
<mailto:officeofthepresident at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>