[Ohio-talk] Free Audible and Large Print Prescription Labels

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 22:43:55 UTC 2017

Good Evening,

I received this information and I thought I would share.  I have seen this device up close and it is amazing.  If you take medication, the device will read everything from the name of the medication to the physicians address and telephone number ; as well as the dosage.

Suzanne

Dear Advocates for the Blind and Low Vision,

I wanted to provide you with information about ScripAbility accessible prescription labels since we are working with pharmacies in your area. The ScripAbility software allows pharmacies to offer three accessible label options: ScripTalk audible labels, ScripView large print labels, and Braille labels.  To receive accessible labels patients can simply request accommodation from their pharmacist.  There is no additional charge!  Please see the list below my signature of participating pharmacies.

About ScripTalk:

The ScripTalk label is embedded with a microchip and programmed with all the printed label data. The patient places the container onto a small hand-held reader or uses an Android NFC ScripTalk app to listen to the information.  Deaf-Blind users can request ScripTalk User software to export text to their Braille browser display. Patients who would like ScripTalk can participate in our Pharmacy Freedom Program that sends the ScripTalk Reader free of charge on a long-term loan for as long as a participating pharmacy is being used.

About ScripView: ScripView is a large-print, booklet-style label attached to the prescription container. It provides easy access to the prescription label for those with low vision. The label contains all the same information as the pharmacy's regular label, but in large print, as well as a 2D barcode that can be scanned by an iOS device for an audible version using the ScripView app.

About Braille:  Braille label tape allows pharmacies to create multiple rows of Braille and include basic information for medication identification.

NEW!  Translation Service:  Our software now has the ability to provide instructions in 17 different languages in the ScripView format and 5 languages in the ScripTalk format.

ScripAbility suite is completely compliant with the US Access Board’s “Best Practices for Making Prescription Drug Container Label Information Accessible to Persons Who are Blind or Visually-Impaired or Who are Elderly.”  http://www.access-board.gov/guidelines-and-standards/health-care/about-prescription-drug-container-labels/working-group-recommendations

lease call me if you have any questions!  I will be sending some brochures in the mail for you to share with clients and other staff members.

Kind Regards,

Sharla Glass

Public Relations Liaison & Database Manager

En-Vision America, Inc.

941-702-6602

800-890-1180 x152

sglass at envisionamerica.com

www.envisionamerica.com <http://www.envisionamerica.com/>

825 4th Street West,  Palmetto FL 34211
o request at a participating pharmacy:

Customers can choose an already participating pharmacy and make their request. The pharmacy will help get prescriptions transferred to the new location and affix the labels on the next refill of medications. The pharmacy will notify En-Vision America that the patient needs a reader sent to them.  En-Vision America will contact the patient to verify their address, free shipping options and go over the terms and conditions of the free loan program (basically use it as long as you like, just send it back if you aren't using it anymore). We are adding new participating pharmacies daily so in order to find the most up-to-date listing you can go to our website at www.envisionamerica.com/ourpharmacies <http://www.envisionamerica.com/ourpharmacies> .

Local Pharmacies

Rite and Walmart can provide ScripTalk at any location, but you might be the first person to request it at your location!  You might need to provide your pharmacist with the following information:

*         Marc’s West Tuscarawas Pharmacy (ScripTalk) Already providing labels and excited about offering the service! Call 330-477-8862

*         Marc's Lakewood Pharmacy (ScripTalk) Already providing labels and excited about offering the service! Call 216-521-2191

*         Rite Aid: (ScripTalk, ScripView, Braille) Patients can request pharmacist search the Portal for instructions. Labels are distributed from the Rite Aid Specialty Pharmacy and mailed to the local retail location to be affixed to the bottle.

*         Walmart: (ScripTalk) Patients can request pharmacist search the WIRE for information.  Each Walmart location orders the necessary equipment from Walmart corporate to create and affix the labels at the local retail location.

Mail Order Pharmacies

*         CVS.com (ScripTalk, ScripView, Braille) mail order  888-861-4363

*         Walmart mail order (ScripTalk only) 888-227-3403
PBM (Insurance Benefit Management mail orders)

*         Caremark (ScripTalk, ScripView, Braille) Phone: 800-552-8159

*         OptumRx (ScripTalk, ScripView, Braille) Public: 855-475-5088  Employer/Private: 855-505-8107

*         Aetna (ScripTalk, ScripView, Braille)  Phone: 800-262-2226

*         Humana (ScripTalk & Braille) Phone: 800-379-0092  Email:  Accessiblity at humana.com <mailto:Accessiblity at humana.com>

*         Express Scripts (ScripTalk & Braille) (still in pilot stage)  Contact En-Vision America to participate:  1-800-890-1180
o request at a non-participating pharmacy:

Customers can talk to their current pharmacist about accessible prescription label options and request the ScripAbility solution that best meets their needs. The pharmacist can contact En-Vision America at 800‑890‑1180 for information about providing ScripAbility accessible prescription labels.