[Ohio-talk] Just a Friendly reminder about the April service project program for chapters

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 12:38:07 UTC 2017

This message was sent to the state presidents  but please get people to join
these  calls   and talk about it in your chapters. Richard

Just a Friendly reminder about the April service project program for
chapters..  Please note that all calls will take place at 7 PM eastern.

Dear affiliate president:

As you know,community and service engagement is a central aspect of our
philosophy as Federation members. If your chapters have been interested in
participating in community service, but perhaps have not known how to get
started, there is no better time than the present.  The Community Service
Division invites chapters to participate in volunteer and community service
related activities during the Month of April for National Volunteer week,
which is April 23-29th. By no means do events have to take place during this
specific date range, we would like to encourage service engagement during
the month of April.

In preparation for events, the Community Service Division will lend itself
available to assist chapters in the planning process for chapters
interesting in planning an activity in the near future.  Whether your
chapter engages in volunteer events on a regular basis, or you are
completely unsure of how to get started, the Community Service Division team
can help you find an activity that is compatible with all sizes and comfort
levels. It is often assumed that blind people are recipients of services,
and it is important that we stand amongst our sighted peers to show them we
can also give back to the community.

Community Service is a multi-faceted way to challenge misconceptions, meet
new people, gain new skills and build a better team within your chapter.
Together we can bring about positive change in our communities. This project
will show and strengthen our belief in the philosophy of the National
Federation of the Blind. You can take part in this project individually or
coordinate with your chapter by volunteering at a nonprofit organization,
church or school.

Participants will be able to learn and share ideas during bi weekly
conference calls that will take place on March 19, April 2, April 16, and
April 30. All Calls will take place at 7 Pn eastern time.

To join us, call (712)432-0140 and enter access code 808277.

 The Community Service Division will also be sharing ideas via social media
updates ("@NFB_CSD" on twitter and "National Federation of the Blind
Community Service Division" on face book) throughout the month of March to
help chapters plan activities. Please send us information regarding recent
or future activities, so we may post them on the
<http://nfbcommunityservice.org/blog> Community Service Division Blog. The
blog is an outlet in which we showcase our volunteer efforts. We are excited
to get started! Please join us on the first call to get more information.
Feel free to contact the community Service Division's April Project
Committee at ap at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:ap at nfbcommunityservice.org>
with questions.

Darian Smith

President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org <http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/>

Twitter: @NFB_CSD, at goldengateace

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision
<http://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision> "

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org
<mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

blindness is not what holds you back.

 "We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history.
I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to
discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up;
ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history" - Barack Obama

 Help drive change for the blind .

Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org
<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/>  or call 1-855-659-9314

"