[Ohio-talk] Braille question

Heather Leiterman hdleiterman74 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 16:01:18 UTC 2017

In school I had a visual acuity of approximately 20/200. At every IEP my mother would always ask for braille instruction. She was always told no she needs to use the vision she has. Since one of my eye conditions is glaucoma my mother felt it necessary that I should be prepared in case the worst happens. When I was 29 the worst happened and I lost 80 to 90% of my vision. I have tried to learn braille a few times since then with no success.
I have been thinking more about learning braille lately. For me cost is always been an issue. When you don't have an open case with the state agency paying for a braille tutor out of your own pocket can be fairly expensive. I have also had some problems tactfully and being able to identify each individual dot.

 Any suggestions or advice would be helpful.

Sent from the iPhone of Heather Leiterman