[Ohio-talk] Braille

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Tue Mar 21 21:49:33 UTC 2017

 Hello Everyone,
I am so thankful for Braille. My maternal grandmother knew the importance of Braille and asked the Religious orders of nuns in Toledo to send one of their sisters to learn braille so that I could go to Catholic Schools. The Ursuline Sisters sent Sister Maura O'Brien to do this.
Until the UEB I have felt like a very competent Braille reader. I use Contracted English braille and can read some UEB, but cannot write it.
Braille is a part of my daily life. I have several book cases of braille including the 45 volume Bible with notes and the Catholic Catechism for adults.
I still have some words to Latin songs transcribed by Sister Maura.
I love my Perkins and have my original from 1961 which is in good repair.
I have a jumbo braille writer which I bought to work with someone with neuropathy but need a good home for it. This is free to a good home.
Colleen Roth