[Ohio-talk] Fwd: New-York-News Digest, Vol 38, Issue 4--Online Shopping With Assistive Technology

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 23 20:53:40 UTC 2017

Greetings Friends,

The Andrew Heiskill Library For The Blind in New York City is holding an online shopping seminar using screen readers and accessible websites.  You know how to shop with Amazon, Walmart, E-Bay, but there's always something new to learn or to teach others.  If you're interested, Chancey Fleet, the host of the workshop, offers a way for you to attend remotely through Google Hangups.  Please read the attachment for more details.

One more item:  Last week, I attended the Newsline and KNFB Reader for Windows 10 demonstration through conference call. Scott White answered questions about these subjects, primarily, and I learned a few things.  The technology teleconference will be an ongoing series, and it's a chance to pick up a few tips or get your questions answered.  Each teleconference call is recorded and will be available through a specific number.  Each session will feature a different topic, and I'll be happy to pass this information on to you.  By the way, I was the only one from Cleveland, Ohio who called in.  There were a few from North Carolina, Michigan, New Jersey, and Illinois.  We need some Ohioans represented, as well.

All the Best,
Milena Zavoli