[Ohio-talk] Great News

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 01:26:46 UTC 2017

That is wonderful news Kaiti. Enjoy!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Kaiti
Shelton via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:59 PM
To: ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Kaiti Shelton
Subject: [Ohio-talk] Great News

Hi all,

A while ago I mentioned that I was looking into an internship in Cleveland,
and I am pleased to say that I got the position. I will be One of two music
therapy interns at The Music Settlement from August of this year through
June 2018 to complete my 900 hour internship. I will be on a school-based
track at the Euclid early learning center and other schools in the
surrounding area, and the other intern will be serving adults on a mental
health track.

I'm very excited for this opportunity, and it seems like the staff members I
will be working with are very willing and open to providing reasonable
accommodations. They even managed to find some braille music for my sight
reading test, which was a part of my audition. Coming from the last
interview, which made me think that my blindness was what kept me from
getting a slot rather than my skills, The audition process went great and
I'm looking forward to working there. Now, the challenge is to find
affordable housing.

I may be in touch about the internship in the future. I saw Robby's post
about testing, and have some similar concerns about the certification exam I
will need to take when my internship is done. I will need to have a reader
of some sorts there to facilitate the music reading section of the exam, as
I have to demonstrate that I know print music since most of my clients will
be cited, but aside from having someone there to make tactile
representations of musical examples so I can answer the questions, I really
don't need a reader or scribe and would like to use a computer. I think part
of this has to do with the way companies you specific forms and scoring
methods, but I also think that is no excuse and something else needs to be
done after the decision about the Barr exam.

Thanks for helping to answer my questions on transportation. I am looking
forward to joining the Cleveland folks in August, Kaiti.