[Ohio-talk] Update on Wednesday's Hearings

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:53:15 UTC 2017

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our members of the Federation
who spent their time and a lot of energy to attend the hearings for SB 144
and HB 309 on Wednesday. Suzanne Turner and I traveled to Columbus, and we
were met by Mike and Heather Leiterman. We battled the weather, the multiple
Uber driver disasters and schedule delays, but we got the job done!

SB 144 is going to need a lot of our attention to push the amendment to get
a member on the council who has applied for or received services from BSVI,
as we have already encountered opposition. We are the only ones who can do
this.

HB 309 went really well. Chairman Ginter has friends and family who are
blind, and was very sympathetic to the bill. We will need new testimony for
the next hearing.

I also want to thank President Payne, Barbara Pierce and Cheryl Fields for
submitting written testimony. They were entered into the minutes of the
hearing.

Stay tuned for our next actions needed.

Best Regards,

Sheri Albers, Vice President