[Ohio-talk] reminders

rchpay7 at gmail.com rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 02:27:14 UTC 2017

Greetings NFBO, If  you have any wishes to attend the Washington seminar as
part of the NFBO delegation please let me know by December first. We  will
only be able to take people that can endure the schedule. You need to let me
know what you can contribute and which  of the expenses you can cover  on
your own. 		I am pasting  the 2018 committee appointments below.

Please let me know which committees you would like to serve on by November
25 .

If you want to chair a committee let me know that as well. I will take that
under  consideration.

Also you will not be put on the committee just because you desire.   Just
because you were the chair previously or on a  particular committee this
year that will not confirm your being on the new committee.            If
you believe you should chair a committee let me know in detail why.
Do not assume anything. Right now this list is blank.

2018 NFB of Ohio Committee Descriptions

AWARDS COMMITTEE
	Charge: To oversee the awards process, to provide information and
feedback when necessary, and to make reasonable judgments about NFBO awards.

CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE
	Charge: To make sure that all NFBO constitutions are in compliance
with the state and national constitutions, both philosophically and
rhetorically.

CONVENTION planning committee
	Charge: To assist and advise the president in the planning and
functioning of our state convention and to provide additional assistance in
planning and executing affiliate activities at national conventions.

EDUCATION COMMITTEE
	Charge: To advise the president about policies, legislation,
strategies, and initiatives in which the National Federation of the Blind of
Ohio should be engaged to improve educational opportunities for blind youth
throughout the state.

FINANCING THE MOVEMENT COMMITTEE  (SUN coordinator, Jernigan Fund
coordinator, PAC coordinator)
	Charge: To make members aware of these specific organizational
fundraising opportunities and to implement strategies to increase
participation threw out the year.

FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
	Charge: To investigate additional opportunities to increase NFB-O
resources and to implement effective fundraising strategies and programming.

LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
 	Charge: To increase the organization's visibility and effectiveness
in the state legislature and to continue to support our efforts in
Washington throughout the year.

MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
	Charge: To implement effective strategies to recruit and retain
members and   to reinvigorate the chapters and divisions of the NFB of Ohio.

PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
	Charge: To promote and publicize  the programs  and events of the
NFB of Ohio and to acquire as much positive publicity as possible for such
activities.

RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
	Charge: To oversee the submission process and to write and
distribute clearly articulated and philosophically sound resolutions.

SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
	Charge: To conduct the affiliate scholarship program and to develop
and implement effective strategies to increase the visibility of the program
and increase participation.

Web site and NEWSLINE committee
Charge: To  assist the president with  updating    the content on the web
page and Newsline including advertising and promoting.
Bell academy
Charge: To  organize the bell program and plan efficient  ways to promote
and execute  this very important academy. The members of this committee will
be screened because of the type of program it is which  is dealing directly
with kids.

Richard Payne,  President
937-396-5573or 937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com