[Ohio-talk] FW: did you see this?FW: Workplace Accessibility/Assistive Tecch; Looking for input, possibly legality of an issue

Wanda Sloan wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 30 21:34:23 UTC 2017

Check  this out.

-----Original Message-----
From: vincentf2872 at gmail.com [mailto:vincentf2872 at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:55 AM
To: 'Wanda Sloan' <wsloan118 at roadrunner.com>
Subject: RE: did you see this?FW: [Ohio-talk] Workplace
Accessibility/Assistive Tecch; Looking for input, possibly legality of an
issue

No, I didn't see this one, and I agree it is crap.  Nothing is too
complicated for a blind user using JAWS if we have good training, and a good
JAWS script.  I have experienced discrimination myself at the Sight Center
from my sighted peers as well because of my blindness and gender, and that
was because I could outperformed the hired preschool aids, and was getting a
lot of good complements from parents that they did not get from parents; I
think they were jealous.

Moreover, when I was a Co-op Software Engineer at Lexis Nexis I lost a lot
of vision, and had to learn how to use JAWS ASAP, and I had no problems
working just as well as my sighted peers, and my using JAWS had no negative
impact on my job performance, but my boss used my vision loss as a reason to
let me go because he believed I was faking my vision loss, at least that is
what he said.