[Ohio-talk] service animals

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 15:14:19 UTC 2017

Everyone,
Please, please read and write carefully when sharing information that
references law.
I find this post very troubling in that if it was actually printed as a Dear
Abby column, a newspaper source many read and regard as trustworthy, it is
full of errors.
Guide dogs do not wear jackets. They wear harnesses.
Nowhere is there any nonsense rule about scratching dogs only under the chin
if permission has been granted.
Many of the leading schools training dogs for blind people have been
actively working to dispel the incorrect information circulating about our
dogs, not to mention the rapidly growing number of fake service dogs.  This
article is the kind of thing that is really troublesome.
I don't have a dog currently, but know how much my friends with trained dogs
depend on them for safety, and a stupid article like this one really screams
for our attention.
Back to my corner...
Deborah