[Ohio-talk] Ohio-Talk Digest, Vol 116, Issue 22

Chenelle Hancock filmchenelle1977 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:10:18 UTC 2017

Stephanie and I were friends for over 20 years since our high school days at the Ohio State school for the blind. When I first met her in the hallways of the blind school she was a very funny, vivacious inspiring positive person. Who when you met her you just wanted to give her a big hug and hang out with you for hours laughing on in. Which is what we did. After graduating from the Ohio State school for the blind and 99 we lost touch for about eight years. When I was living in California at the time I received a telephone call out of the blue from Stephanie herself! My other best friend Mimi had give her her my number because she wanted to know how I was doing. She still had the same amazing laugh then I remembered from all those years ago at the blind school. We continue to stay in contact with one another and when she told me in a way that she was going to help revitalize the Columbus chapter of Ohio Nfb I thought that was great. She was always someone that wants to get a project started and finish them on time. She was about the people and not about herself. I remember us partying at convention and rooming together along with ordering pizza, and eating cookies and brownies from famous Amos for what she bought and shared with everybody. That’s just how she was she was she at her house, her food, her time her money with anyone that she could help that’s just the person she was. I will remember her for the wonderful person that she was in for the friendship that we have shared together. The last time we talked was the day before she went in the hospital and she was so happy about starting her new vending business,, Getting a new job that paid more than $12 an hour and enjoy life in general. I don’t think that she could’ve foreseen that her life would be cut so short but I know I’ve been having she’s going to continue to do the amazing work that she started here on earth with the rest of us. I also know that she’s our guardian angel forever and always. You were just my best friend Stephanie! You were my kid sister. I love you honey and I will miss you always.