[Ohio-talk] Fund Drive for individuals effected by Harvey

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 14:08:50 UTC 2017

Hello Susan and all,
This was a topic that was discussed this weekend at my Leadership Seminar in
Baltimore. The message that President Riccobono would like me to convey is
that we are in constant contact with the Texas affiliate to find out what
will be the best possible way that the National Federation of the Blind can
help in this time of need for our members and their families. While there
are many agencies and organizations rushing down to Texas, and asking for
your money for relief efforts, we do not know if they will be specifically
reaching blind people who need help. We want to make sure that, as the NFB,
whatever we do, we make this a priority.
With that being said, I agree with sending any donations to our Treasurer,
Sherry Ruth, and having them set aside for Harvey Relief. President
Riccobono will then direct us what to do in order to concentrate our
efforts, to do the most good for our brothers and sisters who are enduring
this terrible hardship. In the meantime, if anyone knows of specific members
or families in need, please email President Riccobono, so they can be put on
his radar.

Best Regards,
Sheri Albers, Vice President
513.886.8697