[Ohio-talk] Team news.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 23:37:56 UTC 2018

	Greetings Fellow Federationist,

It is time to start planning your arrival to the 72nd National Federation of
the Blind of Ohio (NFBOH) Annual State Convention; coined, The Team
Convention, "One Team, One Goal".

I am happy to report that Ohio has been provided with the name of our
national representative for the Convention. Attorney Denise Avant who is the
President Affiliate for Illinois will be attending and the keynote speaker
at our banquet. She is a recent nominated board member at the National
level. I am looking forward to her participation, experiences and expertise.

As a reminder, Chapter's and Divisions, you should be preparing reports and
sending dues to Sherry Ruth, State Treasurer. The flat fee is $10.00 and
$1.00 per member.  Please submit these funds one week prior to the
convention; as this is a requirement of all entities.

The dates of the 2018 Team convention are November 2nd, 3rd and 4th; which
is located at the beautiful Holiday Inn Cleveland/Strongsville Hotel, 5471
Royalton ?Road, Strongsville, Ohio 44133. The telephone number is (440)
238-8800. The room rate is $82.00 per night including 16.5% tax. Breakfast
is provided for two to a room. If there are 3 or 4 in that room, breakfast
is $5.00 for the additional 2 occupants. The fee for pre-registration of the
Convention is $15.00 with $20.00 on sight, and the banquet pre-registration
is $40.00 with $45.00 on sight.

Ohio, you should reserve your room on or before October 11, 2018. Make these
arrangements soon, because I will not have the ability to accommodate anyone
outside of the closing date. So pick-up the telephone and get your room!

The Exhibit Hall will be open to shoppers and information gatherers on Sat.
November 3,2018 from noon to 4:30 PM. You should Visit the Exhibit Hall to
explore the latest technology and low-vision products.

For Chapters and Divisions interested in becoming a vendor, because space is
limited, and all exhibitors are subject to approval; reserve your table by
contacting the Ohio Convention Planning chairperson, Suzanne Turner at (216)
990-6199 or by email at smturner.234 at gmail.com
<mailto:smturner.234 at gmail.com> .

Enhance your convention experience through volunteer work. Please consider
donating a couple of hours of your time while in attendance at convention. A
variety of opportunities are available to you. Reach out to the Ohio
Convention Planning Chairperson, Suzanne Turner at 216-990-6199 or by email
at smturner.234 at gmail.com <mailto:smturner.234 at gmail.com> .

Robby is working diligently on the registration portal. So Shortly you can
visit www.nfbohio.org <http://www.nfbohio.org>  and register for the 2018
Team Convention.

If anyone has suggestions of speakers for the convention, please submit your
ideas for topics that you feel will be vital and we can discuss them. I will
not promise that we will have the time to get them all in, but I will do my
best.

Also, let me know who will be arriving on Thursday, November 1, 2018. I am
proposing a leadership training, depending on how many people are available.
We will only offer this training if we have enough people attending. Again,
please let me know if you are available on that day.

Barbra is working on the Fall News letter. She would appreciate very much if
you have material to include, to contact her very soon. The newsletter is
very important so be looking out for it.

The Ohio State Affiliate will have a Board Meeting on Monday, September 20,
2018 at 7:00 PM. Please be prompt and ready to provide updates and feedback
on activities and business. The dial in number is (712) 775-7031 and the
code is 240281423. All members are invited even though this is an Ohio
Executive Board meeting!

October is "Meet the Blind Month" and I know you are planning events to
spread the news about the NFB, so let's go out and build the Federation.

Finally, I am looking forward to this year's convention and know you are
also!  Please contact me if you have questions or concerns, I also can not
encourage you enough to do whatever you can to make this a great convention.
I know that the Convention Planning Committee is working hard to ensure that
the 2018 Team Convention is comfortable, informed and organized. We also
need your talents, expertise and stewardship to make this an enjoyable and
contented experience for all.

///

Remember, "One Team, One Goal!!

Richard Payne,  President