[Ohio-talk] Scam IRS Calls

milenacleve at roadrunner.com milenacleve at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 15 19:56:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

Watch out for IRS scam calls.  I just got another one today.  It's robotic voice, programmed in bad grammar, said that I had four allegations against me and that the "cops" will arrest me if I don't call back to settle the matter.  The callback number was (844) 210-7999.  Now, I know that the IRS never calls you, and any notices are in writing.  The number sounds like an American exchange with a seven-digit number, but these are what's known as spooth numbers, which are electronically generated and can be deleted or changed at will.  Most likely, these scammers are located outside the U.S., probably India, which seems to be the most prevalent.  I called IRS first, but it was impossible to talk to anyone.  Subsequently, I called the Ohio Attorney-General's Office and filed a report.

We are a Federation family, and as a concerned family member, I'm just making you aware that these scammers don't let up.  Often, I don't even answer the phone unless the caller leaves a message.  I will only return calls to those I know.  I don't even return calls from businesses, because most of them are solicitation messages. I have to screen my calls this way but if you lieave a message, and I know you, I will call you back.

Thank you, and all the best.

Milena