[Ohio-talk] blind pianist Justin Kauflin

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 26 02:18:31 UTC 2018

Earlier today Stephanie and I went to see and hear Justin Kauflin perform. He's a blind thirty-two year old piano player who recently finished his latest CD working with Quincy Jones. As part of the Akron Jazz Fest, Justin played, with his Guide Dog Candy laying behind him, leash remaining on Justin's left wrist as he played, in the Auditorium of the Akron Library. There have been some terrific blind performers over the decades, but I never got to see and hear any of them perform live. Justin was not only a talented musician but a positive, humorous and engaging person, who happens to be blind.

Just thought I'd share this. Justin has Youtube videos and website, try www.justinkauflin.com<http://www.justinkauflin.com> if you want to listen to his playing and his story.

Dave

Dave Bertsch
Greater Akron Chapter