[Ohio-talk] Seeking Possible legal/advocacy help for a blind parent in the Youngstown Area

Wes Derby ufofanatic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 22:23:01 UTC 2018

Good Evening, All.

I've been out of touch for a while due to some craziness in life, and
I do apologize. I hope everyone is well and having a wonderful holiday
season.

I've been contacted by a close friend who is blind, but is not a
member but may be interested in joining the Federation. She's being
harassed by a social worker from Department of Children and Family
Services, and from what she's explained, it would appear the
harassment is based primarily on her being a totally blind parent.
They are trying to take her child away from her and place her in
foster care, and she's scared and not sure what to do. She called me,
and asked if I'd reach out to our state affiliate on her behalf to see
if we can find her some resources. She has had some medical issues
which prevented her from keeping her home as clean as she'd like, but
she's working on that now. Apparently, this all started because her
housemate's mother called Children's Services on her out of spite. At
least, that's how it was relayed to me.

I don't want to put all of her business out here, but if anyone knows
where I might direct her and her Help Me Grow worker, it would be
greatly appreciated. Feel free to contact me here, or by phone or text
at 614-828-7602, and I'll be happy to provide her contact information
and name upon request. She lives in Struthers, which is, from what
she's described, a suburb of Youngstown.

Any help on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Wes Derby

--
Need to book travel? Flights, cars, hotels, cruises! They're all here!
http://wesleyderby.inteletravel.com. Contact information is on the

Need tickets to that sporting event, concert, or theatre performance?
I've got you covered. Visit http://wesleyderby.goldentickets.com

Find me on Social Media:
Facebook: http://facebook.com/wderby
Twitter: http://twitter.com/wesderby