[Ohio-talk] DAN Minutes

Wanda Sloan wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 9 02:43:37 UTC 2018

Diabetes Action Network of OH

DAN Minutes 11-3-18

This meeting was held in Strongsville, OH at the NFB of OH Convention.

After consuming our breakfast a meeting ensued.

Guest Speaker, Cheryl Holly (Nurse Practitioner and Diabetic Educator from
University Medical Center in Cleveland.  She  addressed  about 10 members.

The usual issues of diet control of Carbohydrate's was discussed especially
how food is differently prepared in restaurants.

Portion control is not a restaurants responsibility with your serving
portion plan.

Fried foods are always tasty because of Corn Syrup is put into the hot
cooking oil.

It's the sugar content that makes the food taste delicious.

It was also mentioned that Tobacco Leaves is dipped in sugar during the
processing of the leaves.  This is why most folks have difficulty to stop
smoking.  The sugar is very addictive.

Magnesium and the consumption of other minerals and vitamins was also
discussed. The lack of these items can cause abnormal balancing issues with
body function however, Our speaker cautioned us about paying attention to
health advertisement.  This is a selling tacktic and no to body functions
are  alike.   It is always best to consult with your Dr. to test your levels
before purchasing any product that sells over the counter.

Election Results of New DAN 2019 Officers

President-Susan Day

Vice President-Walter Mitchell

Secretary-Wanda M. Sloan

Treasurer-Collene Roth