[Ohio-talk] Akron Gathering

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:43:10 UTC 2018

On Saturday we had a terrific first chapter holiday party. We sang a couple songs and enjoyed a meal, joined by our chapter's great friend Cleveland President Suzanne Turner, who spoke about conventions and growing membership. Our other special guest was State President Richard Payne, who shared his story and undeniable passion for the NFB. All our members left informed and inspired. We also collected enough scarves and hats and gloves, to fill a huge bag we will take to a local shelter, and our 50-50 generated about $150 for the chapter. I was thrilled by our new chapter's showing in Strongsville, and am equally so at hearing some of our members speak of wanting to visit other chapters, of going to Washington next month as Andra Stover is, and of Vegas in July for the National Convention. Thanks again Richard and Suzanne, and our members and friends who joined us on Saturday. I've attached 3 pictures from the event. We'll be seeing you soon Ohio, and we wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Dave Bertsch
Greater Akron Chapter