[Ohio-talk] I need some Advice for a job I'm applying for!

vincentf2872 at gmail.com vincentf2872 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:32:56 UTC 2018

I just want to give everyone an update on what I have been up to since I
last posted, and I have a question about a good job I'm going to apply for
in my area.

I have not been able to find an apartment at a reasonable price in a good
location in the Cleveland area, and I renewed my lease for one more year,
but I am not going to give up on finding a better place to live.

I do have some good news, there is a restaurant in my area that is less than
a block away from me, and the Kitchen Manager is willing to work with me.
All I need to do is apply for the job with the General Manager, and I know
both of these people.  The only concern I have is that in the past is that
the previous owner would not higher me because of my blindness, but now this
place has a new owner, and the Kitchen Manager told me to try to apply for
the job again.

My question is, when I apply for this job I want to tell the General Manager
that I am willing to prove my abilities to do the job I am applying for.
All I will be doing is cooking, food prep, and cleaning all of which is a no
brainer for me

I know I can do this job, and I know that I would be a be a better employee
than my sighted counterparts, and the Kitchen Manager agrees, and he said he
will back me up.  However, I think I need to show the General Manager I can
do the job.

So what do you think?  Is it ok for me to say I am willing to show you I can
do the job before employing me?  I also want to show the management that I
am not a liability if the higher me because that is what some people that
work there think due to misconceptions about blindness.

Sincerely,

Vince fugate

Email: vincentf2872 at gmail.com