[Ohio-talk] Akron is back on track

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:16:25 UTC 2018

Dave,

As the Ohio Publicity Chair, I was happy to be in the presence of such an
inspiring group. Everyone's story was as compelling as anyone in the
Federation.

I am sure that Dr. Peters who is the Ohio membership Chair and Barbara
Pierce who is the Ohio Senior Chair will be reaching out to you in order to
provide leadership for those who are newly blind. As I explained, the
monthly conference call on "Losing Vision" is headed by Barbara who is also,
our Ohio President Emerita, who  can provide you with more information about
the conference call.

I also encourage you to read the history of the NFB. There are two books
called, Walking alone and marching together and Building the lives we want,
read them respectively. These books will give you the background on the
mission, purpose and about the federation's forefathers who laid the
framework for the organization. In addition, I have attached a document on
the NFB philosophy for the Chapter's review.

Again, welcome to the Ohio Affiliate and it is with love, hope and
determination, the members of the National Federation of the Blind helps to
transform dreams into reality. When one stand, we all stand as one!

Suzanne