[Ohio-talk] Uber test

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:42:59 UTC 2018

Deanna thanks for all you do to promote this program here is some great
information that the members should know.
Uber and Lyft Testing Program
In an effort to resolve allegations of Uber and Lyft driver discrimination
against passengers with service animals, the National Federation of the
Blind (NFB) recently entered into landmark settlement agreements with both
rideshare companies. Terms of the agreements require Lyft and Uber to revise
their policies and procedures to include additional training for employees
and contractors, and contract termination for drivers who knowingly or
repeatedly deny rides to individuals with service animals. The agreements
also include requirements for data gathering and testing, so that the NFB
can assess Uber and Lyft's efforts to provide equal access to riders with
service animals. On May 8, the NFB will begin conducting nationwide testing
to ensure that riders with service animals are neither denied transportation
nor treated disrespectfully by Lyft and Uber. Your help here is critical.
How you can help:
*	Be a tester-a tester can be an NFB member or nonmember; a tester can
be an individual who uses a service animal or can be someone who travels via
Uber or Lyft with someone who has a service animal.
*	Complete the online questionnaire <https://nfb.org/rideshare-test>
-after ordering or completing a Lyft or Uber ride, testers should promptly
complete the online questionnaire <https://nfb.org/rideshare-test> . Please
remember that we are seeking feedback on both positive and negative
rideshare experiences.
*	Participate as often as you can, monthly at minimum-to best assess
whether Uber and Lyft are complying with their agreement terms, we need to
gather monthly data nationwide for the duration of the agreements. This
regular testing will help ensure NFB meets its legal obligations as per the
settlements.
*	Promote the online questionnaire  <https://nfb.org/rideshare-test>
among your friends and colleagues with service animals.
Important note: In addition to participating in the testing, if you do
experience discrimination, you should also complain directly to the
rideshare providers. The agreements require Lyft and Uber to investigate
reports and, if appropriate, take action against the drivers.
*	Uber complaint form
<https://help.uber.com/h/5f3eac46-e977-44a0-873e-f1881d48f4cb>  or, for
critical safety concerns, 800-285-9481
*	Lyft complaint form
<https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=813147>  or
844-250-3174
Please keep in mind the following when using rideshare and submitting
complaints to Uber or Lyft:
*	Help the driver know it is not a pet. Tell your driver via text,
phone call, or in person that you are traveling with your service animal.
*	When filing a complaint, tell Uber or Lyft that your driver knew it
was a service animal. If the incident was witnessed by another person, tell
the rideshare company, and if possible provide contact information for the
witness.
*	Report all forms of discrimination. If you were denied
transportation, treated disrespectfully, or charged a cleaning fee because
of your service animal, please report this to Uber or Lyft and to the NFB
via our questionnaire <http://nfb.org/rideshare-test> .
The NFB looks forward to partnering with you, Lyft, and Uber so that,
together, we can raise expectations and secure equal access to both
companies' convenient transportation services for all riders with service
animals.

Richard Payne,  President
937-396-5573or 937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com