[Ohio-talk] New Voter Machines

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:33:12 UTC 2018

I spoke with a very nice man at the Cuyahoga County Board of
Elections, Shawn Webster, Fiscal Manager.
1. The Ohio legislature voted to fund purchase of new voting
equipment. They are waiting for the Governor to sign it and the funds
will be released immediately.

2. No plans to change any equipment this year.

3. hoping to have new equipment operational for 2019 General Election.
This will allow everyone a full year to get used to it and be prepared
for the 2020 Presidential Election.

4. There will be an opportunity for the public to offer opinions about
new equipment. Check back with board of elections and watch for public
notices.
I expressed that there is nothing wrong with the Auto mark
machine...He responded that negotiations hfor new/ replacement have
not begun yet.
I asked him about the electronic poll books, excludes blind people
from working at the polls and does not allow a blind person to
independently /securely sign in.

He referred me to another department,I left a message.
The electronic poll books are i pad mini's and are fully implemented.
He was not aware of how voice over works and or what to do about it.

I am going to stay on this and hope to get more suitable answers soon.

Don't forget to be sure you are properly registered at your current
address! If you have not voted in last 2 elections, you need to
register again to vote in the mid term elections this year. If
possible, never, never, never vote provisionally!  Cf