[Ohio-talk] Pertinent Recommendations from the OOD CSNA Final Report

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Nov 29 21:23:44 UTC 2018

I think this is good information. I have said for many years that people
with physical disabilities receive rehabilitation that helps them learn to
manage life skills independently before they begin the vocational
rehabilitation process. In the past counselors would have a newly blind
individual or young blind person into home maker status so they could learn
those absolutely critical skills. Home maker status is no longer an option
and the BSVI is fighting us on providing high quality training through our
NFB centers. This creates a barrier to blind adults finding and keeping a
job.

BSVI also wants to push people through as fast as possible even if they do
not have the life skills they need.

Okay, I am off my band wagon.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA