[Ohio-talk] Please Register to Vote

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 18:31:47 UTC 2018

Greetings Federation Family, I hope this message finds everyone having a
Joyous start to the fall season.

Earlier this summer I conducted a group presentation about voting and so to
parallel Eric's message I wanted to share a few points from that
presentation with all of you to underscore the importance and necessity of
voting.

Suffrage, political franchise, or simply franchise is the right to vote in
public, political elections (although the term is sometimes used for any
right to vote). ... The combination of active and passive suffrage is
sometimes called full suffrage.

Voting and democracy is very important in a nation because it provides
people an opportunity to voice their opinion and vote for what they believe
in, it holds elected officials accountable for their behavior while in
office, and it prevents a minority from dictating the policies of a
majority.

All Americans have the following obligations, whether we remember it or not:

Respect the Rights, Beliefs and Opinions of Others: ...

Stay Informed of the Issues That Affect Your Community: ...

Serve in a Jury When Called Upon: ...

Participate in the Democratic Process: ...

I urge anyone who is not registered to do so post haste.  If anyone has any
concerns or questions please ask, we will help you.

--
Jordy D. Stringer
 Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one