[Ohio-talk] Meet the Blind Month

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:47:00 UTC 2018

Meet the Blind Month
The National Federation of the Blind celebrates Meet the Blind Month every
October.
Throughout the month, we spread the message that blind people can live the
lives we want by conducting a variety of outreach activities. Many of these
activities center on White Cane Awareness Day
<https://nfb.org/white-cane-awareness-day> , which is October 15.
These activities also create opportunities for people to meet blind people
in their communities, and to recognize that we are vital, contributing
members of society.
How to Celebrate Meet the Blind Month
*	Help plan an event in your local community for Meet the Blind Month.
Be sure to let your Federation family know about your efforts. You can order
a variety of materials through the Independence Market
<https://nfb.org/independence-market> .
*	Join us at a Meet the Blind Month event.
*
Past Meet the Blind Month Activities
*	2017 Meet the Blind Month events
<https://nfb.org/2017-meet-blind-month-events>