[Ohio-talk] Fwd: Free Class on Transitioning to a New Web Browser, WordPress Course News, and More

milenacleve at roadrunner.com milenacleve at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 24 21:06:52 UTC 2018

Hi there!

Check out this month's newsletter from the Mystic Access team.  A copy is attached, but if you can't read it, I've paced the newsletter as well.  Enjoy!
Milena

Subject: Free Class on Transitioning to a New Web Browser, WordPress Course News, and More
 September 24, 2018

Welcome to this public issue of the Mystic Access newsletter.

Did you receive this issue from a friend or colleague? You may visit MysticAccess.com to subscribe to receive your own copy of our regular newsletter. You may subscribe on any page of our site... just look for the level three heading that mentions keeping up to date, and use the check boxes beneath it to subscribe to the mailing lists of interest to you. We generally only land in your inbox about twice a month. We send product and site news, sales anouncements and other Mystic Access info we think is worth writing about. Thanks for your interest.

In This Issue:
Our free monthly event for September -- Transitioning from Internet Explorer to Another Web Browser.
Mystic Access shares news on our WordPress course... at long last!
Mystic Access product spotlight -- A new training retainer package, and a convenient service for non-techies.
Free Goodies to Enjoy.
Contact Us and Newsletter Management.

Hi, ,

Welcome to this issue of the Mystic Access newsletter. Lots to share this time around, including info on our public free event for September, WordPress course news, and two bran new services which we hope you'll enjoy.

Before we get on with the good stuff, I just wanted to say "thank you." For those that don't know, I, Kim, am your newsletter writer for the team. I'm writing this message from a slowly recovering North carolina, where there was extensive flooding and damage from Florence. Thanks to everyone who reached out to me with your prayers and concern... I really appreciated it so much. Some flood damage here locally, but nothing like the coast received... some places there received thirty inches of rain. Recovery will take a long time for my state, but we've done it before. It could have been far, far worse.

Now, on with the show. As always, thanks for being part of our rapidly growing community! We appreciate you!

Our free monthly class for September -- Transitioning from Internet Explorer to Another web Browser.

Due to the fact that parts of Mystic access, including our third party payment processor, are starting to not play nice in Internet Explorer, we not only wanted to devote our monthly free event to the topic of browser transitioning, but also wanted to anounce the details publicly. We want as many people as possible to benefit from this information, whether they're customers or clients of Mystic Access, or not. So if you have friends or colleagues whom you feel would benefit from attending this free event, please pass this on.

Transitioning from one browser to another isn't nearly as scary as it may initially seem, and, in fact, often has many advantages. while this class focuses specifically on transitioning from Internet Explorer, the info can apply to any browser. So if you're dissatisfied with your current browser for any reason, we hope you'll join us for lots of valuable tips, demos and discussion.

Our Exploring away from Internet Explorer free event will be held this Thursday, September 27 at 8:30 PM eastern time.

Here are all the details you'll need to join us:

Topic: Exploring Away From Internet Explorer
 Time: Sep 27, 2018 8:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
Click here to join the event.

Or iPhone one-tap:
     US: +16699006833,,979681355# or +16465588656,,979681355#

Or Telephone:
     US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656
     Meeting ID: 979 681 355
     International numbers available:
Click here for a list of international phone numbers.

If the above links don't work for you, please copy and paste them into your browser of choice.

We use the Zoom conferencing platform for all of our virtual events. It allows you to join events via phone, iOS, Fire OS, Android, and the Zoom software for PC or Mac. Zoom is free, intuitive to use and beautifully accessible. Please click here to stream or download our brief demo of Zoom.

We'd love to have you there live with us, however, we understand the event time or other circumstances may keep you from being able to join us. No worries if that's the case. This class will be recorded and available via our Free downloads page within a couple of weeks. If you're interested in listening to recordings of previous events we've taught, most are available from that page, as well.

We look forward to meeting you in class!

Mystic Access has news to share about our WordPress course... at long last!

We're so thrilled to anounce that our WordPress course, which we initially offered as a paid event series in September of 2017, will soon be available as a home study course. This course has had a few incarnations during the planning stages of bringing it back, and I apologize for any confusion that has caused. We really didn't intend for it to take this long to have this course available to you all, but between other projects with deadlines, the amount of material, plus life's various little emergencies, it just didn't get done as soon as I'd hoped or anticipated. I hope you'll find it worth the wait!

If you've ever wanted to create and / or maintain a website with little help, we highly recommend WordPress as the way to go. Why? It's flexible, feature-rich, and accessible! Those of us who are blind or have low vision can create simple or complex websites for business, hobbies or blogging. I, (Kim), have been using WordPress for seven years, and in this course, I pull out all the stops to bring you comprehensive information on building your wordPress site with a screen reader, with little or no sighted assistance.

Whether you're bran new to site building, are just new to WordPress, or wish to improve your wordPress skills, this course is for you. We start out with foundational concepts about WordPress, what it is, how it works and what you need to get started using it. We discuss domains, hosting and what's involved in both. Once the foundation is established, we dive into WordPress itself, -- reviewing the dashboard, Themes, creating posts and / or pages, building site menus, using widgets and plugins, building a store for your site, and more. Confused or overwhelmed yet? Don't worry... all is thoroughly explained and demonstrated in the course.

This course on creating a website using WordPress includes a wealth of audio materials, written resources and interactive elements. Just in terms of audio content, itt's over twelve hours of material. The best part is, the WordPress course will constantly be updated with new resources, live Q and A sessions will be held frequently, and you'll have lifetime access to all updates and revisions when you join. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to purchase one-on-one WordPress support from Chris or myself, (Kim) at a heavily reduced price, when you join. We want to make this the best experience it can be, and as convenient as possible for the most people, and we think we've accomplished that.

Please note that you do need confidence in navigating websites in order to get the most out of this course. No HTML or other coding skills are required, however.

All course details will be available on October first, when you'll be able to preorder. The entire course will be available for access no later than October 8. We've also kept it super affordable... the course materials themselves will be under $100. Trust me, that's an insane price for the amount of material you're receiving. We want as many people as possible to be able to access this material.

If you're interested in learning more, or if you already know you wish to join, mark your calendar for Monday, October first, when the preorder will be available. Don't worry, we'll be anouncing availability in our newsletter and on our News page at that time, in case you forget. Please stay tuned for all relevant info, and we look forward to sharing more about this exciting course on October first. Thanks for your interest.

Mystic Access product spotlight -- A new training retainer package, and a convenient service for non-techies.

With each major newsletter issue, we'll be featuring a particular product or service that we offer. This month, we're actually featuring two new services that we just introduced.

If you've ever had multiple things that you've wanted help learning, or have felt that you needed less extensive support, but over a longer period of time, you may enjoy our At Your Service retainer training package. It includes an hour and a half of training every month for three months. This package also includes email support, ten percent off of any other products or services you purchase while you're in the program, and more. This package renews every three months, but you may cancel at any time. If you'd like to have ongoing training from us at an amazing price, this package is worth a look.

If you or someone you love is a non-techie, and would like assistance in placing orders from sites online, or doing simple online research, check out this convenient new offering. Let us place the orders or do that research for you. It's just our way of helping those of you who don't use computers or tablets well, and have no interest in doing so. *smile*

Learn more and purchase at the links above. You may also call us to order any of our products or services via phone at: (716) 543-3323.

Want to purchase something as a gift? Ask about our virtual gift cards, or purchase one online at our site.

Free Goodies to Enjoy

Mystic Access offers a wealth of free goodies for your enjoyment. They're a great way to learn more about us and what we offer. Check out our fun and informative bi-weekly podcast, explore our absolutely free tutorials and demos located on our Free Downloads page, and sign up to join our free monthly virtual events. We look forward to sharing with you.

Contact Us and Manage Your Newsletter Subscription

As always, Mystic Access is here to answer your questions. We pride ourselves on our spectacular customer service, so if you have questions, comments or feedback,we're just a phone call or email away. Please contact us using any of the info on this page. We look forward to supporting you on your assistive technology journey.