[Ohio-talk] Divisions, Committees, and Groups

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 03:14:35 UTC 2019

New and Potential Members,

Because you have inquired about the work of the National Federation of the
Blind and how you can serve at the National level. Below are various
entities where as a member, you can actively participate in the efforts of
the National Federation of the Blind. Moreover, as at the National  level,
these Divisions, Committees and Groups need your service as well in Ohio. As
stated previously, below are a comprehensive list. However, please reach out
to inquire if there is a Division, Committee or Group already active at the
local or Affiliate levels. Thus, the work of the Federation is never ending
and we need you to be added into this network of tens of thousands of blind
people working together to make a positive change through collective action.

Yes, that means you!

If you have any questions, please reach out to Dr. Carolyn Peters or myself
for assistance.

Suzanne

Divisions, Committees, and Groups

Much of the work, mentoring, and building of relationships within the
National Federation of the Blind is done through our divisions, committees,
and groups. These entities provide support, information, and resources for a
wide range of professions, recreational activities, special interests,
legislative issues, fundraising projects, and other areas related to
blindness.

Divisions

Divisions are led by an elected president and a board of directors, and
membership is based on interest, participation, and the paying of annual
dues. Learn more about the NFB's current divisions
<https://nfb.org/about-us/divisions-committees-and-groups/divisions> .

*	Amateur Radio Division
*	Assistive Technology Trainers Division
*	Communities of Faith
*	Community Service Division
*	Deaf-Blind Division
*	Diabetes Action Network for the Blind (DAN)
*	Human Services Division
*	Krafters Division
*	National Association of Blind Lawyers (NABL)
*	National Association of Blind Merchants (NABM)
*	National Association of Blind Office Professionals
*	National Association of Blind Rehabilitation Professionals
*	National Association of Blind Students (NABS)
*	National Association of Blind Veterans
*	National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
*	National Federation of the Blind in Computer Science
*	National Organization of Blind Educators (NOBE)
*	National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC)
*	National Organization of Professionals in Blindness Education
*	Performing Arts Division
*	Public Employees Division
*	Science and Engineering Division
*	Seniors Division
*	Sports and Recreation Division
*	Writers' Division

For more information, please visit our divisions
<https://nfb.org/about-us/divisions-committees-and-groups/divisions>  page.

Committees

Members and chairpersons of committees are appointed annually by the current
national President. Learn more about the NFB's current committees
<https://nfb.org/about-us/divisions-committees-and-groups/committees> .

*	Ambassadors Committee
*	Autonomous Vehicles and Innovations in Transportation
*	Blind Educator of the Year Award Committee
*	Blind Federal Employment Committee
*	Cash and Caring Committee
*	Committee on Automobile and Pedestrian Safety (CAPS)
*	Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
*	Communications Committee
*	Distinguished Educator of Blind Students Award Committee
*	Employment Committee
*	Genetic Education Committee
*	Imagination Fund Committee
*	Jacobus tenBroek Award Committee
*	Jacobus tenBroek Memorial Fund Committee
*	Kenneth Jernigan Fund Committee
*	Library Services Committee
*	Membership Committee
*	PAC Plan Committee
*	Research and Development Committee
*	Resolutions Committee
*	Scholarship Committee
*	Shares Unlimited in NFB (SUN) Committee
*	Spanish Translation Committee
*	Technology Evaluation Committee
*	White Cane and Affiliate Finance Committee

For more information, please visit our committees
<https://nfb.org/about-us/divisions-committees-and-groups/committees>  page.

Groups

Groups are run by coordinators or chairpersons with the approval of the
current national President. Learn more about the NFB's current groups
<https://nfb.org/about-us/divisions-committees-and-groups/groups> .

*	Blind Musicians Group
*	Blind Parents Group
*	Blind Professional Journalists Group
*	Careers in Automotive Related Specialties
*	Legislative Initiatives Discussion Group
*	Living History Group
*	NFB in Judaism Group
*	NFB LGBT Group
*	NFB Lions Group
*	Orientation and Mobility Group
*	Piano Technology Group
*	Travel and Tourism Group
*	Webmasters Group

For more information, please visit our groups
<https://nfb.org/about-us/divisions-committees-and-groups/groups>  page.