[Ohio-Talk] 2019 awards
rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:31:55 UTC 2019
Thanks Heather, I am putting the information in the body of the message for those who can not easily open attachments.
Description and Instructions for 2019 NFB Ohio Gavel Awards
1. The Chapter Gavel Award will go to the outstanding chapter Of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio in 2019 and the Division Gavel Award will go to the most effective division/ committee.
The division/ committee and chapter
Gavel Award recipients will receive $50 along with a certificate.
The chapter or division/ committee that wins the Gavel Award three times consecutively will receive a plaque and a gavel.
If the Awards Committee decides that a chapter or division/ committee has conducted an outstanding activity, that chapter or division will receive a $25prize plus an opportunity to make a presentation describing the activity during the convention.
In order for members of any chapter or division/ committee to vote at the Convention this year, all reports must be submitted by October 1, 2019, even if you choose not to
Compete for the Gavel Award.
If you are not competing, please send your report to President Richard Payne by email: rchpay7 at gmail.com.
2. The Chapter on the Move Award is presented to a chapter that
demonstrates significant growth in philosophy and fundamental
3. The Alfonso Smith Award is presented to the outstanding blind Federationist for service to the blind of Ohio. Please note that this
Is a statewide award, so
The service should be statewide to be considered. A letter describing
The accomplishments of your nominee for this award must be sent to the awards committee By October 1, 2019 for consideration.
4. The Ruth Garwood Award is presented to an outstanding sighted Person for service to blind people across the state.
This person need not be a Federationist. A letter describing your Candidate’s work with the blind must be sent to the awards committee By October 1, 2019 for consideration.
5. The Knall-Garwood Award is presented to a Federationist for long and loyal service to
the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio.
This does mean long and loyal service to the state affiliate and not to an individual or local chapter.
A letter describing your candidate's work with the organization must be sent By October 1, 2019 to the awards committee in order to be considered.
The awards committee makes the following requests to those preparing
* Type Nomination letters and reports.
* Outline in the form of sentences in nomination letters and reports.
Only one Question requires that the answers be in paragraph form.
• Make sure to check your spelling and grammar so that
Your chapter or division will receive the maximum number of points available for each question.
• It is recommended that you appoint a small committee to complete
The form; a group effort often has an advantage.
• Once all applications and nomination letters are carefully proofread and completed, send by e mail to Heather Leiterman at Hdleiterman74 at yahoo.com by the deadline Tuesday October 1, 2019.
Unfortunately, applications and nomination letters received after the October 1, 2019 deadline cannot be considered by the Awards Committee.
The awards committee is available until Sunday September 29, 2019 to
Proofread your documents with you prior to the Tuesday October 1
deadline. This step is not a requirement but, is available for your
Convenience. All awards committee members are available to answer
Questions until the Tuesday October 1, 2019 deadline.
Should you need additional information please contact Heather Leiterman at Hdleiterman74 at yahoo.com
ph. (614) 962-1333.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Now, let's begin working toward celebrating our accomplishments and securing a stronger Ohio affiliate!
The NFB of Ohio 2019 Awards Committee
Heather D Leiterman Chair
Richard Payne, President
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
Rchpay7 at gmail.com
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back
From: Ohio-Talk On Behalf Of Heather Leiterman via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 12:13 PM
To: ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Heather Leiterman <hdleiterman74 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] 2019 awards
Get Outlook for iOS
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Mike Leiterman" <leitlaw at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 12:06 PM -0400
To: "hdleiterman74 at yahoo.com" <hdleiterman74 at yahoo.com>
More information about the Ohio-Talk